Monday, November 28, 2011

RRR Turkey Trot 2011

Results by Time
Prediction Race
November 24, 2011
24:42 5k+-ish

Rockford Road Runners Turkey Trot with Dad

87/684th in the overall race (6th woman) and 82nd in the prediction race (off by 46.0 seconds). Consistent.

This race is a bit of a family tradition. Crazy race director (I like those) with a Turkey hat and a difference course every year anywhere from 2.5-4mi. There has been mud, lake like mud, snow, rain, frigid temps, etc. This year was pretty mild- temps in the low 40s, overcast, and only one small mud patch.

The course designer did a phenomenal job this year. First a lap around the grass to the back of the dam and along the camber near the road to spread out the record field and then onto the trail. Around the loop (further north stretching than usual) and then out on the dam and back around to the finish. Based on the times, I'd guess the course was a minute or two longer than a 5k but I'm not all that familiar with the Rockford racers anymore. A tough hilly course for the area but pretty flat compared to my usual fare.

Its time to see a PT about my IT Band(s) since rest and my own stretching do not seem to be resolving it and I've been losing quite a bit of fitness since this all started ~8 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment