Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stop, Drop & Run 5k 2011

Results May 28, 2011
22:16 13/130 OA 1/61 F

5k in Monument. Fundraiser for my friend's fire department. 1st half uphill +377ft, 2nd half downhill. It was a small race. I stayed in contact with the lead women on the uphill portion and flew by on the downhill. I like running downhill on roads, its what I'm best at, though it trashes my legs so I don't do it often. I relaxed for the last 3/4 mi since I was comfortably ahead and the ball of my right foot was killing me. I'm hoping its plantar fasciitis and not some stress reaction since its not very consistent and it didn't feel it the rest of Saturday or Sunday. Now comes the hard part of training. I can always get down to a comfortable 22 range 5k on very little training and no fast training but I have to actually work to go any faster or longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment