Sunday, November 6, 2011

November Nielson

Results November 5, 2011
2 miles on flat trail (Classifying as a road race since I could drive the course)
14:29 28/115

I headed over to Monument Valley Park to take advantage of PPRR's free 2 mile race (1st Saturday of every month). Its been a while since I've made it out there. No real goals or expectations since I just took four days off to give my knee issue some rest and no fast training. Nice even pacing, but the speed gear was not with me. It felt like I was running at some ridiculous cadence at the end since my stride would not open up at all. I always enjoy this little low key race. As expected, pretty far off my handicap time and even further from my PR on the course (13:13 from July 2010), but I'm happy with the way I paced it and how my lungs felt. I'm looking forward to some strength building this winter on the snow- I've been feeling a little fragile/ragged for the past month or so.

Photo: Bob Kane

No comments:

Post a Comment