Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Series #3 2011

Results October 30, 2011
Roughly 6mi in Ute Valley Park
48:19; 72/357 OA, 9/142F

I decided to dress up and have fun for this race. My friend lent me a cavewoman dress which is nice and easy to run in. I took it pretty conservatively for the first two miles, realized I felt pretty good, and picked it up a little bit for the rest. More people cheer for you when you dress up for sure. Its hard not to go a little faster when people are yelling "Go Cavewoman!" I definitely got a "Where's Tarzan?" cheer (heck if I know).
Photo: Bob Kane

There were some other pretty cool costumes out there. I got beat by a giant who-knows-what (kind of like a fluorescent drag thing wearing a hot pink thong?), JT dressed as beer (go figure), and some pirate-ish thing... all of which looked much harder to run in than my costume.

Photo: Tim Bergsten

No comments:

Post a Comment