Sunday, October 16, 2011

Frisco Cup #3 2011

January 16, 2011 Frisco Cup #3 12k Skate Ski Race

Results 


XC Ski race (skate) 1:00:05 [4] 8.01 mi (7:30 / mi) +1058ft 
Frisco Cup #3 fun!! 12k (but 8mi according to my Garmin) 2/3 on black trails, 1/3 on blue trails. I didn't trip over myself and fall on any uphills this time. I beat the friendly 72 year old guy who beat me by 20 seconds at the one in December by 3 minutes. That's good. I don't particularly like being geezered by that much even if said geezer ran a 35min 10k back in the day. I skied behind someone wearing a purple shirt for pretty much the whole race. They would pull away on the downhills and I would catch back up on the uphills. I pulled away for good at ~6.5mi and I think he went on for another lap to do the 16mi. I thought about doing the 16mi, but realized I had no way of carrying any water. It took about 2.5mi before my legs felt un-sore from yesterday's race. I think, for the first time, that I could not have run the course faster than I skied it at the same effort level. The soreness starting out and the purple shirt in front of me helped me pace it comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment