Monday, October 10, 2011

Colorado Orienteering Championships 2011

Results
October 8, 2011
1:21:50; 4.97mi; +1273ft; 6/15OA 1/5F

Photo: Randy Peel


Red Course at Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch in Elbert, CO. Basically just followed footprints in the 6-8" of snow the whole way. I had a lot fun playing in the snow. Two good races in a row. Both of them had easier navigation than usual. Cherry Creek was wide open. Peaceful Valley I could follow footprints and I did a decent job of following the right ones.



This might be a first. I wasn't the slowest on any of the controls. Nearly went past the proper reentrant for 1, but caught it before it was a disaster. Confused myself on 3 and had to stop and look around to make sure I was where I hoped I was. Caught up to Goril at 9. Deviated from footprints to 10- was very confused by a set of car tracks that weren't on the map and stopped. Made my own route again on 12, not the best choice since I got caught in some weeds. Caught back up to Goril at 14. A few other pauses to make sure I knew where I was in case the footprints diverged so I could stay on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment